Project Support (PMO) Training, Mentoring & Coaching
This course is mainly based on hands on learning as Project Management is a practical discipline, the best way to develop is to ‘learn-by-doing’. The training is geared towards Career advancement for interested individuals to get all the experience they need to get started as Project Managers.
The training runs for 20 weeks. There are 2 stages to the training, the virtual classroom sessions and the virtual practical work experience part of the training.
You will be assigned a team to deliver a project, managing the process from Initiation to Closure. Projects run for 12weeks approximately depending on the project. Don’t worry, you will have guidance all the way.
At the end of the program, you would have delivered an end-to-end project yourself working in a team.
This training is open to any individual with an interest in the practical elements of Project Management, not just theory: an interest in learning to understand and work with the various tools used in both traditional and digital project delivery, a passion to lead, ready to work with a team, and willing to commit to actualizing their career goals.
The Training is an interactive training where there will be discussions and brainstorming sessions and you will be guided through delivering the projects that have been assigned.
For the first Four (4) weeks, delegates will focus on Online training classes (on Saturdays) through case studies. The next twelve (12) weeks would see the candidates implementing their acquired skills by working remotely on a live project.
Almond Careers will provide all the Tools and Templates used in the project environment.
The PMO will also have had the full end to end delivery experience on a project which will now go into their CV as references for work they have delivered.
We will also ensure that the PMO’s CV is well aligned with industry standards.
We believe this is a strategic move to further empower individuals wishing to go into this field of work as we can provide them with REAL PROJECTS to deliver.
– Introduction To Project Management (PRINCE 2 And PMP)
– Project, Program And Portfolio
– Project Definition
– 5 Characteristics Of Project
– 6 Project Variables
– Project Stages
– Portfolio Definition And Management
– Relationship Between Portfolio, Program And Project
– PRINCE 2 As a Methodology For Managing Projects
– PRINCE 2 – Principles
– PMP As a Framework For Managing Projects
– 5 Phases Of Project Management Life Cycle
– The 10 PMP Knowledge Areas
– PMP 49 Process Groups
– Project Tools And Documentation
– Project Tools
– Basic Features The Project Tool Offers
– Project Planning/Scheduling Tools
– Project Collaboration Tools
– Design Collaboration Tools
– Chat/Communication Tool
– Project Management Documentation
– 9 Very Essential Project Documents
– Overview Of Agile And Scrum
– Agile Project Management
– Agile – Definition
– 12 Agile Principles
– Benefits Of Agile
– What Agile Is Not
– From Waterfall To Agile
– Incremental Nature Of Agile
– Agile Methodologies
– Scrum Values
– Scrum Artifacts and Ceremonies
– Scrum Framework
– Sprint Planning
– Product Backlog
– Introduction To Product Management
– What Is a Product
– Product Life Cycle
– 5 Stages In Product Life Cycle
– Product Process Tools
– Product Management Vs. Project Management
– Products And Projects
– Product Manager Vs. Product Owner
– Stake Holders And How To Collaborate With Them
Weekly Mentoring Session
- RAID Logging Workshops
- Project Reporting Workshops
- Lessons Learnt Workshops
- Stakeholder Communication & Engagement Strategy Workshop
- Understand the context of the project
- Understand Project delivery Framework (PRINCE 2 & SCRUM)
- Review the impact of Risks and Issues
- Understand the methods used for controlling projects
- Use techniques to manage change
- Prepare a network diagram and carry out critical path analysis (Using MS Project)
- Support requirement gathering
- RACI Matrix and its application
- Communication plans and Reporting on milestones
- Understand the principles and practice of project handover and post-project review.
- IT Project Support Officer
- IT Project Management Officer
- Junior Project Manager
- Project Planner
- Project co-ordinator
- Project controller
Project Support (PMO)
Role Training Course
4 classes, 16 mentoring sessions, 3 months (extendable) work experience
Discount Course Fee
£350 VAT Inc.
Payment will allow you book an upcoming Batch.
Registration Fee is part-payment & non-refundable.
You can pay £150 now and £200 later or you can also pay full course fee of £350 upfront