Project Manager Training, Mentoring and Coaching
This course is mainly based on hands on learning as Project Management is a practical discipline, the best way to develop is to ‘learn-by-doing’. The training is geared towards Career advancement for interested individuals to get all the experience they need to get started as Project Managers.
The training runs for 20 weeks (8 weeks Theory and 12 weeks Practical). There are 2 stages to the training, the virtual classroom sessions and the virtual practical work experience part of the training.
You will be assigned a team to deliver a project, managing the process from Initiation to Closure. Projects run for 12weeks approximately depending on the project. Don’t worry, you will have guidance all the way.
At the end of the program, you would have delivered an end-to-end project yourself working in a team.
This training is open to any individual with an interest in the practical elements of Project Management, not just theory: an interest in learning to understand and work with the various tools used in both traditional and digital project delivery, a passion to lead, ready to work with a team, and willing to commit to actualizing their career goals.
The set up will see Project Managers managing a team comprising of
- Business Analysts
- A Project Management Officer
- Software Testers
- A Developer
With a Programme manager assigned to give guidance and ensure that all work packages are properly completed by each team.
The PM’s will manage the team over a period of 12 weeks in delivering the project they have been given using a combination of PRINCE 2 and AGILE SCRUM Methodologies.
We provide all the resources needed to make the whole process seamless and achievable for our participants; from templates used in a project environment for the Project Managers, to the tools necessary to plan, track and monitor all deliverables.
At the end of the training, the PM will be able to demonstrate good team management and project delivery skills using the methodologies and Framework mentioned above. The PM would also have had the full end to end delivery experience on a project which will now go into their CV as a work experience.
We will also ensure that the PM’s CV is well aligned to industry standards.
We believe this is a strategic move to further empower individuals wishing to go into this field of work as we can provide them with REAL PROJECTS to deliver.
– Introduction To Project Management (PRINCE 2 And PMP)
– Project, Program And Portfolio
– Project Definition
– 5 Characteristics Of Project
– 6 Project Variables
– Project Stages
– Portfolio Definition And Management
– Relationship Between Portfolio, Program And Project
– PRINCE 2 As a Methodology For Managing Projects
– PRINCE 2 – Principles
– PMP As a Framework For Managing Projects
– 5 Phases Of Project Management Life Cycle
– The 10 PMP Knowledge Areas
– PMP 49 Process Groups
– Project Tools And Documentation
– Project Tools
– Basic Features The Project Tool Offers
– Project Planning/Scheduling Tools
– Project Collaboration Tools
– Design Collaboration Tools
– Chat/Communication Tool
– Project Management Documentation
– 9 Very Essential Project Documents
– Overview Of Agile And Scrum
– Agile Project Management
– Agile – Definition
– 12 Agile Principles
– Benefits Of Agile
– What Agile Is Not
– From Waterfall To Agile
– Incremental Nature Of Agile
– Agile Methodologies
– Scrum Values
– Scrum Artifacts and Ceremonies
– Scrum Framework
– Sprint Planning
– Product Backlog
– Introduction To Product Management
– What Is a Product
– Product Life Cycle
– 5 Stages In Product Life Cycle
– Product Process Tools
– Product Management Vs. Project Management
– Products And Projects
– Product Manager Vs. Product Owner
– Stake Holders And How To Collaborate With Them
– Product Management – 2
– Navigating The Phases Of Product Development
– Development Stage
– 7 Phases Of Product Development
– Product Development Team/Stakeholders
-What It Means To Be a Business Analyst And Introduction To Business Analysis
– What Is Business Analysis
– BA Role
– Business Analysis In a Project
– Roles Of a Business Analysis In Software Development
– Requirement Gathering
– Ways Of Gathering Requirement
– 10 Rule Of a Successful Requirement Gathering
– Steps To Requirement Gathering
– Prioritizing Requirements (MOSCOW)
– How Do Business Analysis Help Effect Change
– Gap Analysis
– How To Gather Requirements
– How To Document Requirement
– Acceptance Criteria and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
– Acceptance Criteria – Definition
– Who Writes Acceptance Criteria And When?
– How To Write Acceptance Criteria
– Tips On Writing A Good Acceptance Criteria
– UAT (User Acceptance Testing)
– Process Maps and Data Flow Diagram
– Process Mapping Definition
– Constructing a Process Map
– Data Flow Diagram (Introduction)
– Data Flow Diagram Rules And Tips
– Meaning Of Symbols In a Data Flow Diagram
– Levels In a Data Flow Diagram
– How Can Data Flow Diagrams Be Used.
Weekly Mentoring Sessions
- Trello Board
- Azure Devops
- Process mapping workshops
- Wireframing workshops
Candidates will have relevant skills and experience of managing a team and delivering a project from initiation to closure.
- Understand the context of the project
- Understand Project delivery Framework (PRINCE 2 & SCRUM)
- Review the impact of Risks and Issues
- Understand the methods used for controlling projects
- Use techniques to manage change
- Prepare a network diagram and carry out critical path analysis (Using MS Project)
- Use MS Project for project planning and MS Visio for process mapping
- Support requirement gathering
- RACI Matrix and its application
- Communication plans and Reporting on milestones
- Understand the principles and practice of project handover and post-project review.
- IT Project Manager
- Implementation Manager.
- Stage Manager.
- Associate Project Manager.
- Project Management Assistant.
- Project Communications Officer.
Role Training Course
8 online Classes, 3 months work experience, 40 extra online classes, 15 contact hours with the Program manager, CV workshop, Job interview Prep, Job reference, Certificate
Discount Course Fee
UK: £599 VAT Inc.
Nigeria: ₦200,000VAT Inc.
Payment will allow you book an upcoming Batch.
Registration Fee is part-payment & non-refundable.
You can also pay £299 now and £300 later or pay the full course fee of £599 upfront.