Project Manager Training, Mentoring and Coaching
This course is mainly based on hands on learning as Project Management is a practical discipline, the best way to develop is to ‘learn-by-doing’. The training is geared towards Career advancement for interested individuals to get all the experience they need to get started as Project Managers.
The training runs between 16 – 20 weeks. There are 2 stages to the training, the virtual classroom sessions and the virtual practical work experience part of the training.
You will be assigned a team to deliver a project, managing the process from Initiation to Closure. Projects run for 12weeks approximately depending on the project. Don’t worry, you will have guidance all the way.
At the end of the program, you would have delivered an end-to-end project yourself working in a team.
This training is open to any individual with an interest in the practical elements of Project Management, not just theory: an interest in learning to understand and work with the various tools used in both traditional and digital project delivery, a passion to lead, ready to work with a team, and willing to commit to actualizing their career goals.
The set up will see Project Managers managing a team comprising of
- Business Analysts
- A Project Management Officer
- Software Testers
- A Developer
With a Programme manager assigned to give guidance and ensure that all work packages are properly completed by each team.
The PM’s will manage the team over a period of 12 weeks in delivering the project they have been given using a combination of PRINCE 2 and AGILE SCRUM Methodologies.
We provide all the resources needed to make the whole process seamless and achievable for our participants; from templates used in a project environment for the Project Managers, to the tools necessary to plan, track and monitor all deliverables.
At the end of the training, the PM will be able to demonstrate good team management and project delivery skills using the methodologies and Framework mentioned above. The PM would also have had the full end to end delivery experience on a project which will now go into their CV as a work experience.
We will also ensure that the PM’s CV is well aligned to industry standards.
We believe this is a strategic move to further empower individuals wishing to go into this field of work as we can provide them with REAL PROJECTS to deliver.
Introduction to the Project Management
-Project Definition and Stages
-Five Project Characteristics
-Six Project Variables
Methodologies in Project Management
-Four integrated Elements of PRINCE2
-The Seven PRINCE2 Principles
-The Seven PRINCE2 Themes
-The Seven PRINCE2 Processes
-How does it apply?
-Establish Roles and Responsibilities within the project environment
- Risk Management (Logging)
- Actions Management
- Issues Management
- Dependency Management
- Things to consider when creating a report
- Approval and Progression
- Lessons Learnt
- Version Control
-Roles and Responsibilities if a Business Analyst
-Methods of Gathering Requirements
-Types of Requirements
-Prioritizing Requirements (MOSCOW)
-Types of Change
An Introduction to Agile (Scrum)
-Characteristics of SCRUM
-The Agile Manifesto–a statement of values
Putting it all together
-The daily scrum
Roles: Product Owner
-Daily scrum meeting
The Sprint Goal
Managing the sprint backlog
A Sprint Burndown Chart
-Factors in scaling
Scrum of scrums of scrums
CV and Interview Workshop
-What makes a good CV
-Tailoring your CV to Project Management
– CV Dos’s & Don’ts
– How to prepare for an Interview
– Interview Do’s & Don’ts
– Review of Interview sample questions and Answers
What is Business Analysis
Understanding Business Analysis
-Definition what it is and what it’s not
-Defining the ‘As is’ Process
- How do you do it
-Defining the ‘To Be’ Process
- How do you do it
- Gap Analysis
- How does it work
- Elicitation (Featuring the demonstration of practical requirement elicitation techniques)
- Document Analysis
- Focus Groups
- Interface Analysis
- Process Modelling
- Requirement Workshops
-Understanding Process Maps
Constructing a Process Map
- Determine the Boundaries
- List the Steps
- Sequence the Steps
- Draw Appropriate Symbols
- Check for Completeness
- Finalize the Flowchart
- Mapping the Processes from Requirement gathering in Class 5
- Checking Process Map for completeness
Data Flow Diagram
-Understanding Data Flow Model
- Definition and illustration
- Data Flow Rules and Tips
- Data Flow Symbols and its meanings
- Data Flow notations
-Yourdon & Coad
-Gane & Sarson
- Levels in Data Flow Diagram
-Level 0 (With Examples)
-Level 1 (With Examples)
-Level 2 (With Examples)
- Case Study
- Building Data flow model from requirements from Class 5 & 6
Writing Acceptance Criteria
-Defining acceptance criteria
-How to write acceptance criteria’s
– Types of Acceptance Criteria
- Rules Oriented
- Scenario Oriented
-User Interface (UI) requirements
– Revision and Questions
Weekly Mentoring Sessions
- Trello Board
- Azure Devops
- Process mapping workshops
- Wireframing workshops
Candidates will have relevant skills and experience of managing a team and delivering a project from initiation to closure.
- Understand the context of the project
- Understand Project delivery Framework (PRINCE 2 & SCRUM)
- Review the impact of Risks and Issues
- Understand the methods used for controlling projects
- Use techniques to manage change
- Prepare a network diagram and carry out critical path analysis (Using MS Project)
- Use MS Project for project planning and MS Visio for process mapping
- Support requirement gathering
- RACI Matrix and its application
- Communication plans and Reporting on milestones
- Understand the principles and practice of project handover and post-project review.
- IT Project Manager
- Implementation Manager.
- Stage Manager.
- Associate Project Manager.
- Project Management Assistant.
- Project Communications Officer.
Role Training Course
Duration: 11 classes, 16 mentoring sessions, 3 months (extendable) work experience.
£1539 VAT Inc.
Payment will allow you book an upcoming Batch.
Registration Fee is part-payment & non-refundable.